Both the Corolla and the Sentra offer standard features like Apple CarPlay®, a backup camera, traction control, and a whole lot more. However, only the Corolla offers the safety features, reliability, and long-term value that our neighbors near Harker Heights truly deserve. In this competition, it’s also the only vehicle that offers a hatchback body style! Compare the Toyota Corolla vs. Nissan Sentra on these important points to find out what sets them apart, today.
Safety Features: Corolla or Sentra?
- Driver Assistance: The 2019 Toyota Corolla comes standard with Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P), and that means all models offer a Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Automatic High Beams, a Lane Departure Warning, and more. Although the Sentra also offers an emergency braking feature, the other safety systems are completely unavailable in the Nissan.
- Daytime Visibility: Daytime Running Lights provide superior visibility when the sun’s out, and they’re standard on every Corolla. You’ll have to pay for upgrades if you’d like to access a similar feature in the Sentra.
- Safety Ratings: The 2019 Toyota Corolla received a 5-star overall safety rating when it was tested by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Although the 2019 Nissan Sentra has not yet been tested at the time of this writing, the 2018 model only received a 4-star overall rating.
Reliability: Toyota vs. Nissan
- Drivers who choose the 2019 Toyota Corolla over the 2019 Nissan Sentra will enjoy two years or 25,000 miles with free scheduled maintenance. No comparable program is available with Nissan.
- According to Consumer Reports, Toyota vehicles are the most reliable models on the road today. Nissan is ranked at number 11 out of all dealers.
- Comparing the 2019 Toyota Corolla vs. 2019 Nissan Sentra on residual value, it’s clear that Toyota has a significant edge. After 60 months on the road, the Corolla will still be worth 44% of its original price. After the same amount of time, the Sentra will be worth just 23% of what you paid!
Test Drive the 2019 Toyota Corolla at Toyota of Killeen
Now that you’ve had the chance to compare the Corolla vs. Sentra, we’re sure that you’ll be eager to take your favorite out for a spin. If you’re leaning towards the Corolla, take a closer look at our new Corolla Sedan and new Corolla Hatchback inventories today. You can also get a glimpse of the future by checking out the 2020 Toyota Corolla mpg ratings, today! When you’re ready to take the next steps, simply contact us to apply for financing or set up a test drive.
*MSRP excludes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $920 for Cars (Yaris, Yaris iA, 86, Corolla, Corolla HB, Camry, Camry HV, Prius LB, Prius c, Prius Prime, Mirai, Avalon, Avalon HV), $1045 for Small/Medium Trucks, SUVs and Van (C-HR, RAV4, RAV4 HV, Highlander, Highlander HV, 4Runner, Sienna, Tacoma), $1,295 for Large SUVs (Sequoia, Land Cruiser), and $1,395 for Large Truck (Tundra). Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally required equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC and TX will be higher. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Actual dealer price will vary.